Monday, October 27, 2008

We're in my last TriMeSteR!!!

Steph is 28 weeks! And counting...
YEA!! On the home stretch! At the most we have 12 more weeks to go!
I can't believe it! We're getting closer to meeting our son! He is on the move all the time! Not just small movements--HUGE kicks and pushes and turns! What a wiggle-worm! Matt and I were reading how big he is now and there's no wonder with a baby thats almost 3 inches longer than a ruler, why i'm feeling EVERY move--He dosen't have a whole lot of room in there does he! If you remember, pray for me on Friday as I have to have my glucose sceening test at 10:30...Its where they give me a bottle full of sugar--a thick, syurpy non-carbonated orange drink--and after one hour in the waiting room, see how my body reacted to the shock of sugar by ing me and taking my ...(Funny thing, my appointment being on halloween and all, sounds kinda scary if you ask me!) The good news is Matt and I will be going for our 4D ultrasound on Thursday morning at 8AM! We can't wait to get a small glimpse of what he looks like!

How your baby's growing:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

How your life's changing:
You're in the home stretch! The third and final trimester starts this week. If you're like most women, you'll gain about 11 pounds this trimester.
At this point, you'll likely visit your doctor or midwife every two weeks. Then, at 36 weeks, you'll switch to weekly visits.

No comments: