Thursday, January 27, 2011

my mom

“The happiest people don’t have the best of everything,
they just make the best of everything they have.”



My mom is such an amazing woman. So loving and giving and self-less. She works so diligently and cares about others, always putting them first. NEVER herself. So maybe, if you would, lift my mom up today. She could use encouragement and would appreciate the moment you thought of her. Friday morning she will have a double mastectomy to rid the breast cancer that snuck up on us all. We know that this is no surprise to God and He, for whatever reason, is allowing this strong woman to see her strengths and what's maybe even harder, to fully rely on Christ and let others step in and demonstrate how much we love her. He will make it all right and we will have a stronger faith and re-newed strength afterwards.

For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

“Because she loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue her;
I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name.
She will call on me, and I will answer her;
I will be with her in trouble,
I will deliver her and honor her.
With long life I will satisfy her
and show her my salvation.”

Psalm 91:11-16



Pray for my mom today and whenever you find that she is popping up in your mind or conversation and know that God is good, all the time.

Steph

3 comments:

Kristin said...

We love you guys! And we're definitely praying for your mom!

The Other Side of Me said...

Praying for your mom and the entire family, Steph!

Kim Touchton said...

Praying for your mom as she's recovering and for the rest of you. What the devil meant for evil, God will use for good. My mom's a mammographer and works for a breast cancer surgeon... I understand what you are going through. Stay strong. Lots of love, Kim