Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mother/daughter day


Thursday, my mom and I took off work to spend some time together and to get stuff done! It was such a great day! I had an early doctor's appointment and was so excited about my progress! I passed my sugar test (YEA!!! x's 100), they found no trace of protien or sugar, my blood pressure was perfect, he's measuring right on, his heartbeat was loud and proud (mom was excited to hear him) and he is now in a head down position! Its getting exciting! After my next appointment which is the first week of December, I'll go see my OB every week for a check-up!



Next, we drove a few miles down the road to my GOOORRRGGEEOUUS new hospital, Winnie Palmer. They ask that you pre-register so you aren't huffing and puffing in labor and have to sit down and sign important papers-- It felt so good to get that taken care of...The part that started to make it all more real was when I was signing his birth certificate and filling out the form that says they can prick his lil foot =( I started to feel pretty emotional and protective--"Well, WHY must they poke him?!"

***Important to know*** If you are going to visit Winnie Palmer, the only parking available is the garage across the street ($4) or valet at Winnie Palmer ($5)-- Its CASH ONLY and you must pay FIRST. FYI (I'll write more about the hospital in a few weeks--We are going for the tour on December 9th!!)


Afterwards, we had lunch at an old antique shop called 'The White Wolf' cafe. It was delicious! (we were, however, right in the middle of snoody-town--Ladies with lots of makeup and hair tied up real high, nails done, little dogs wearing sweaters and their Louis Vuitton hanging on purse hooks)
Costco was next on the agenda! I love that place! Its ginormous and they have free samples at every row! Steph's deal of the day: 2 AMC movie tickets (no expiration date and can be used for ANY movie including opening nights) plus a large coke for $15.99! Good deal since movie tickets now are $10/each. ALSO, $100 worth of Starbucks giftcards for $80! Great idea for stocking stuffers or just to save on moca frappuccinos with whip for yourself =)

No comments: