Friday, December 19, 2008

35 weeks and counting...

I went to the Doctor yesterday and he said that everything is going beautifully! Even though i think he's wrong! =( I am swelling! I've gained a lot of weight during this pregnancy and I told him, "Look at my legs and feet and hands! Are you telling me that's normal?" He laughed and said, "yup, I bet you aren't used to seeing your ankles look like that huh?" haha doc. And why does everyone feel the need to comment on how much I'm swelling? You wouldn't, on a normal day, go up to a woman and say, "Geeze, you look awful! What happened to your face?!" Even moreover, why go up to a EMOTIONAL PREGNANT LADY and say, "Holy Cow! You are swelling! Your poor face, feet, hands...." I'm starting to tell people..."Bee sting".


Baby's head is down and man the past week his head has been pounding down on my cervix! Ouch! He wants out! My blood pressure is higher than normal but is still in an average range. I also was given a huge packet of my medical records, notes of all my appointments and results of blood work and ultrasounds to keep with me at all times just in case =) Its the information needed at the hospital for the triage people! We're getting closer!

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

2 comments:

-Jenny said...

Oh Stephanie....we cannot wait to meet Isaac! Let me know if you need anything at all, whether it's cooking meals, cleaning the house, or rubbing those poor swollen feet!

Kimberly said...

So sorry about the swelling! It happened to me as well. I was so tired of all the comments so I feel for you! You look great so don't worry about what other people say. You'll forget it anyways once you have your baby boy in your arms! =o)