Friday, November 5, 2010

"i solemnly swear, i am up to no good"


So after the wedding and all of its festivities, i bid my sister farewell to her 'moonyhun' and wanted a short reprieve of my own. My cousin was staying with us and wasn't returning to Canada for a few days. We have both read the Harry Potter series and are fans and were looking forward to what my husband (and my uncle) refer to as...
"our nerd day".

The following may not excite you if you don't follow HP but does make for some interesting photos--The details the put into the attraction at Islands of Adventure were incredible.

Hogwarts School


pumpkin juice first thing in the morning! It was sooo yummy!







We took a break from HP and after lunch at Circus McGurkus, visited Universal before returning...

We must have the same teasing brush...

gRiNcHeS!

Someone asked someone named Mallory to marry him!

Cousins!

Beauxbatons

Durmstrang boys

So I told myself that i didn't have to ride, HP, The Forbidden Journey. You know those signs they have everywhere (for insurance purposes) saying, if you have health issues, dizziness, back pains, may be preggers, eye trouble, think you're a moose, if you think you can fly, if you have knee pain or an ingrown toenail OR if youre a wimp (BINGO) this may not be the ride for you...It was making me more nervous but i didn't want to miss anything! So in we went. First you have to walk into the gates and past the "sample ride vehicle seat" to make sure you dont feel claustrophobic. I didnt even sit b/c i thought i may hyperventilate.

Red Flag #2 It is manditory that you put everything into a complimentary locker. And they don't give you a key to unlock it..its your fingerprint! Which brings me to one of my excuses for not wanting to ride...WHEN i DO pass OUT, they are going to have to drag my limp body over to this keypad to get our stuff out =)

the greenhouses

castle

house points

entrance to Dumbledore's office

This was so cool--All of the "paintings" on the wall had moving and talking pictures that travled from frame to frame--just like the book!

the pensieve

DA classroom

sorting hat

I was so busy looking at everything around me to realize that the wait was over--We made it to the front of the line and I panicked. I DONT RIDE COASTERS. I slipped through the gate and waited for my dissapointed cousin on the other side. People were getting off screaming, "That was AWESOME!", "Can you believe that!?!"
Well, no. I don't know what you're talking about. Then I see my cousin who made a B-line for me. "You MUST go on that." As we were arguing, one of the workers came over and asked if there was a problem =) I said we were just leaving and my cousin with one look at the guy made him understand the situation. He took us to the side and re-assured me that I needed to go on this. It wasnt a coaster (NOT to say it was a wimpy ride in the slightest) but a mix of simulation, dark ride and i don't even know what...He didn't seem like a liar so i too his word and said "okay." The guy took us to the front of the line, stopped people and sat us down. (By now my cousin is beaming b/c she gets to ride the most popular ride of the year, twice within 45 mins) It was now or never. I pulled the chest bar down over my head and it was done..i was committed.

Scenes literally unfold around you. I don’t think there is an inch of the space allotted for this ride that isn’t utilized as part of the show. It has won Best Theme Park Ride and even though it took me through the ringer, deserves its title.

After I couqured one big ride, i figured what the heck...lets do another.

Just kidding...that was taken on a dr suess ride.
But i did ride Flight of the Hippogriff

a well deserved, butterbeer! (no, it doesnt have alcohol)



We went into all the shops! Zonkos and Honetdukes were my favs...they have Every Flavour Jelly Beans...like grass, dirt and boogers--ew.








quiddich equipment--


Hermione's Ball gown

and a beautiful sky to end an adventurous day wif my sweet cousin =)

2 comments:

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

Can I just say how much I LOVE this post and how much I LOVE you!! Thanks so much for an amazing day! Love you! Miss you!!