Saturday, May 14, 2011

Grandpa

Richard B. Sargent
My sister and I with my Grandpa in his train room!

Grandpa's senior picture

 My grandparents wedding day!

50 years later at their Anniversary party

with Petty

My grandpa passed away at the age of 75 on my wedding anniversary, April 29th. Happily married to my grandma for 53 years, he is survived by his loving wife Alice. Grandpa was a 20 year Air Force Veteran. He was a collector of Coke a cola, Elvis, Nascar, and N-Scale trains. He learned to engrave Scrimshaw while overseas in the Azores. He loved his country and loved his family and especially enjoyed the skits the grandkids would often preform.


All five of his grandkids were able to speak at his funeral and as we stood there, the underlying message we wanted to give to our families and friends and aquaintances was the hope we have in Christ.

‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.  He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.'
-Revelation 21:4-5

"I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the one who gave it all
I'll stand
My soul Lord to you surrendered
All I am is yours"
-Hillsong

We love and miss you Grandpa.


No comments: