Saturday, July 30, 2011

the girlie nursery

I wanted to do something different than the flowery fluff, disney princess theme or the shabby chic idea. I've been stuck on this thought of a little ice cream parlor at Disney's boardwalk called 'Beaches and Cream'. Matt and I celebrated our 1st wedding Anniversary at disneys yacht & beach and ate at the little place--so cute. I thought it'd be fun and would carry a little longer than a 'baby room idea'.


So here is my take on it. We still need to get letters for her name/initials to hang in the blue pannel? maybe? 

 This little wooden mirror matched so well with my suttle beach theme (Home Goods)

 I love the window we got a while back at Habitat for Humanity and the gentlemans chest (the door slides and reveals the other side-shelves and 2 more drawers) was bought at roomstogo outlet in tampa. My good friend Jenny made me the ice cream diaper cake! cuteness!

My mom gave us the cute height scroll on the wall to the left of the closet. That way, we take her measurements and can roll it up and give it to her as a keepsake when she's grown. The flags, I made.

 The Peters were so sweet and gave us Abbie's crib.
The rug was $4 at Ross and the Pottery Barn bumper was $10. 

 I had this idea to paint these pannels on the wall--The whole room was already the tan color (and as a compromise with my husband who just painted the tan when we moved in a year ago and didn't want to change it at all) i decided the whole room didn't need to be PINK.
The accent wall opposite the pannels is a seafoam blue.
I found this dresser on craigslist for cheap and it actually matches the rooms-to-go green chest we got last year. I want to add a mirror over the dresser and my father in law will be making a long, white shelf to be hung above it. It will hold different canisters and photos. I still need to get a tall lamp stand for the shade shown in this picture...
 We were given all of these shoes from a little girl at school. I don't own this many pairs of shoes.
 (In all of the drawers, I placed scented liners that smell like beach/coconut)
The swing will be placed in the family room more than likely once she comes!

So now in our room--
I set up her changing station on our dresser for now since she will be in our room for a while.


 This is the cradle Matt's dad made for us and it was perfect when Isaac was little. The pillows need to come out and I think i will move it to the other wall, closer to the headboard.

 The carseat/carrier, boppy (with new cover) and vera bradley diaper bag (ebay $20) all ready to go!

2 comments:

Shannon Kay Young said...

Oh my goodness! It all looks wonderful! I'm so excited to meet her! And I'm excited to see you guys this week!

Kristin said...

Wow, Steph! It's so precious!! I absolutely love it!!