Saturday, July 2, 2011

our little all American girl


It's Fourth of July weekend and all I can think of is lemonade, slow-churned ice cream, grandmommy's apple pie (cravings?), all day beach trips, boating & grilling with family, sun & our bathing suits, and most importantly, the thing that makes sacrifice real; old fashioned chivalry mixed with values, virtues and just plain doing what is right -- and this is what I want my children to think of when they hear Independence Day. I want them to know personally men and women who fight each day for their freedom and I always want them to be thankful for it. My grandpa served in the US Air Force for 20 years, my sister's husband is currently serving in the same branch and my brother-in-law is Chaplain for the US Army. I have other friends and relatives whom I am also grateful for their service. Honor those you know. Isaac is learning to say, I'm an AMERICAN when he sees a flag and refers to the Statue of Liberty as LIBERTY!! (He normally shouts it) It is really inspirational actually!

We have been so busy, working, school work, struggling to get things in order, finish the nursery, pick a name! that i realized I never posted "pics" of the baby!

My little all American girl:

I have been feeling more braxton hicks and have learned what my sciatic nerve is as she's been pressing on it lately and it makes me feel like a arthritic- legs and back freeze up-so weird!

 The bottom right shot shows hair!


I will be 36 weeks this week!
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath.

I'm not sure if she will come in July or the first of August (due date is Aug 4th) but I read something encouraging this week about labor & delivery... 
For first-time moms, labor takes an average of 15 hours, though it's not uncommon to last more than 20. For women who've previously had a vaginal birth, it takes eight hours, on average.
I won't have time to think if it is 8 hours or less especially since I was in labor for over 24 hours with Isaac! Oh happy day!

Oh Happy 4TH!

1 comment:

Shannon Kay Young said...

Steph!! I am so beyond excited to meet your little princess! I know she will be beautiful! I miss you guys and my Isaac! Love you!!