Wednesday, April 8, 2009

new recipe!


I'm so excited about dinner tomorrow night! Seems Isaac is too--

he's gotten really good at sucking that thumb!! (oh no)
Mmmmmm Mommy, that smells good!

I found this recipe in parenting magazine and can tell it's going to be a family favorite! You make it ahead so when you want it for dinner the next night, just pop it in the oven at 350 for 45 mins.

1/2 lb mozzarella
1/4 lb prosciutto (i used thin sliced ham)
3 med tomatoes
loaf french/Italian bread
5 eggs
1 1/4 cups skim milk
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
grated Parmesan cheese

1.) 9 by 13 baking pan w/ cooking spray
2.) in LARGE bowl, toss mozzarella, ham, tomatoes and bread--Arrange evenly in baking pan
3.) beat eggs and mix all other ingredients
4.) pour over bread, tilting to soak all bread cubes evenly--cover and store at least 3 hrs or overnight
5) let stand for 20 mins before baking-sprinkle with parm cheese before serving.

1 comment:

A.H.Shaw said...

That looks really yummy! Was it good? I bet it would be good with chicken too. I have been trying new receipes 'cause I'm bored with our normal dinners. I tried 2 new ones last week and 2 new ones this week. I'm going to spoil Adam!